Saturday, December 8, 2007

I Was Hungry and You Fed Me



.... Just a real quick post this morning... I need to get over to the rent house and help my precious husband... but......... here is my Be a blessing this Christmas....

...While out and about the other day I ran into an old friend that I have not seen in several years....How strange it is that we live in a small town (25000 people) and do not see people for years... Anyway, I lived with her several years ago when I had no home and no money..... Hard times they were... She rented me one of her bedrooms and it was such a life saving time for me... I had bought a business and I was working 7 days a week and most of those days were 12-14 hour days..... Making ends meet was tough at the least... Anyway, she took me in.........

..... Come to find out she has had a bad car wreck, laid in a coma for months and then had to have complete hip replacement... She is now on disability as she can hardly walk and lost her car and the finances to replace it........... she owns her own home thank God but had to have the phone turned off........ (and I complain about the work I have to do in my shop) .. To make this long story short I asked her about her meals and what does she do about cooking... She cannot stand for long periods of time..........

......Soooooooooooo I will go to my local hospital that offers a hot meal every day right to your door for handicap persons or shut in elderly... My husband and I will pay for her meals on wheels each month for as long as she needs that service. She will get a hot meal delivered to her home each day at noon and I will know that she is at least getting the nourishment that she needs......... AND.......... I will take time to go see her and take her shopping or whatever she needs..........

.......... I will deliver her first meal early next week with a little Christmas gift to put under her tree......

....... It does not take too long to look around us and find out that we are blessed beyond measure... and the blessing is not in the things but in the heart of each of us the believers... an new heart that sees a need and responds.........

.........help us Lord to ALWAYS be listening for that still small voice that directs our path to those that need a touch from the Lord............

.......... We are His hands that can touch.......... we are His feet that can go........... we are His heart that can love..........

have a great day...

9 comments:

Carole Burant said...

Dear Denise, my mom always taught me that what goes around comes around...that is so true in your case. This lady helped you in your time of need and now you can help her in hers. What a truly wonderful idea to make sure she gets a proper meal every day...if only there were more people like you in this world! xoxo

Sharon Brumfield said...

May I add this to the list on my blog? I would love to link it in or you can if you know how.
How cool that she planted seeds years earlier and now the blessings are coming back to her by you.
God is true to His word.
How cool.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Oh-I do hope your Dad is doing better.I so enjoyed the email I got from him.

Mary said...

Denise,

What a lovely thing to do. You are certainly letting your light shine. Thanks for taking part. I do hope you added your name to Mr. Linky at Sharon's blog.

Blessings,
Mary

Connie Barris said...

This absolutely touches my heart...

you are so special.. you bless me..

"For such a time as this"

love ya
Connie

Sharon Brumfield said...

Thank you-you are linked.

SweetAnnee said...

WONDERFUL words..thank you..and you are
such a dear..what a wonderful gift..
We ARE His hands & heart here on Earth..
fondly, Deena

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the mixup. I had read your blog and meant to comment except I got distracted with school and then thought I commented. This was an amazing story and one you'd expect to see on the Hallmark channel. Thanks for offering to have my back. I have my brown belt in Karate but I could always use the extra support. I think we're good for now!

Denise said...

Thanks for being a sweet blessing.