Thursday, May 1, 2008

Into The Closet In Groups

............ Back in the early 80's in Tulsa Oklahoma I was a member of a church that laid the foundation on which I stand today. I want to relate to you a story about prayer that happened in one of the sister churches in the community.

... The church had a membership of about 200 and in that 200 there were several ladies that came to church alone, as best I can remember it was about 7 or 8 ladies. They lived with unbelieving husbands. After several years of prayer for these men the heavens seemed to be closed over and no not one of them were brought into the kingdom of God.......... It was at a Women's Ministries meeting that one of the ladies had a thought, instead of praying for all of the men all of the time they should pray for one man at a time. Thus they wrote down each name into a little box and drew the first name. Those women, I do not know the number of women praying, began to petition heaven for the souls of those husbands and fathers. Over the course of a few years, these women were faithful to continue until each name had been drawn, and others added as needed, they saw each man one by one be born into the kingdom of God.

What do you want to pray for today?


....Prayer, it will move a mountain, it will mend a broken heart, and it will change the course of a nation. Prayer will comfort a grieving heart, prayer will find its way past the darkness of the hour, and give us direction through the rubble. Prayer will bind hearts together and cast asunder hate and prejudice. Prayer will overpower doubt and wipe away fear. It will unite a nation and bring it to it knees. Prayer is the faith filled words spoken by the child of God to bring God on the scene. We need God on the scene. Are you called by His name? Are you counted among the believers, then it is not just a privilege to pray, it is your duty. The word says that it is your reasonable service. Let us go beyond reasonable, and storm the gates of hell, there are souls to be saved. There are forces to be confronted. There is a spirit of antichrist that is flooding our Nation. We are one nation under God........ Let us be one people praying.



Ro 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

I found this short quote in one of the many many emails that I am receiving each day as most of you are. I found it very profound and wanted to pass it along.



"It is humbling but I think C.S. Lewis said that pain is God's megaphone. In the midst of pain God is the only place we can go. The loneliest people there were the people who had no God to go to."(By Ken Walker, Baptist Press)
Our Nation is in Pain..... Our World is In Pain
Remeber those countries that are filled with the precious saints of God.

You Can Do Something..........You Can Pray!

Let Us Go To God....

13 comments:

Mary said...

Denise,

Thank you for this powerful post today. Yes, our nations need pray. I pray for the governments of the US and Canada and ask that you include Canada in your prayers.

Have a wonderful day working in your little shop.

Blessings,
Mary

Mississippi Songbird said...

What a wonderful post. God bless you and Happy National Day of Prayer!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post today! How have you been? I take it you got my t-shirt money. Send them when you can. No rush!

Joyce said...

Amen, Our Sunday School class prayed for younger couples who were not attending Sunday School. Today, there are 10 couples and their children in Sunday School. Yes, pray does wonders.

Love and Hugs,
Joyce

Carole Burant said...

Dearest Denise,

Another beautiful post from you...I loved reading the story and the quotes. Our world needs so much prayer right now, we truly need to remember that every prayer counts! xoxo

Chris said...

Let us go to God indeed! Beautiful words. Beautiful thoughts. Thank you for reminding me of prayer's power.
Bless you!

Denise said...

Such a lovely post my friend, I am keeping you in my prayers.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Thought I left a comment earlier when I was here.
God has been dealing with me about prayer a lot lately.
I love the idea of the women joining together to pray for the men.
It was a great idea.
Glory to God it worked.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

This si so timely as today was the world day of prayer. Your words are so powerful and the Spirit of our Lord is alive and well in them as he is in you....Have a Blessed night my sweet friend...A big hug from me to you...Mary

Rose of Sharon said...

Amen! There is power in prayer! I love to hear stories like that! Thank you.

Hugs, Sharon

valerie said...

Denise,
First of all, thanks for the comments and concern on how my week has gone. I truly can feel the power of prayer as I'm trusting God to help me with my new lifestyle changes....eating my oatmeal, exercise etc.
It's really been an easy week for me. I've come home for lunch and eaten very light lunches & a normal dinner, just not making myself so stuffed.
I haven't even thought about (well...I thought about) stepping on the scales. I get disappointed when I do and it hasn't changed, so I'm not looking at this as a diet.
My sister said something to me over the weekend. "You have to make an appointment to exercise just like you wouldn't miss a dr. appt. you set a time and just do it."
I'm praying for you too. I know I've had several sisters praying this week for me. I could feel the prayers.
I love this post and it brought tears to my eyes. We all have desires and needs and He will fill to the full every need and He alone will satisfy. That's something I've needed reminding of this week. As one of my very favorite verses says "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart."
How about the weather here in OK last night? The wind and hail....whew. I don't think we got any hail, but they sure did in MWC which is just 25 miles from me.
Have a great weekend!
Love ya,
Valerie

Sharon said...

Yes this is so true! I have truly learned during these trials of back pain that I could complain or I could use the down time to pray for others. Prayer is much better than complaining about our situations. :)

BTW, I'm going to be having back surgery. The Dr will call me next week with the date. I'd appreciate your prayers. :)

sparrow's song said...

Interesting prayer concept.

you shared,
Prayer is the faith filled words spoken by the child of God to bring God on the scene.

Absolutely. It isn't our power through prayer but the faith by prayer that pleases God into action according to His purposes.

Which bring to mind...

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

James 5:16
...The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.