Monday, March 31, 2008

Forgive

FORGIVENESS

Consider this, that woman of Samaria, she had had five husbands and the man that she was living with was not even her husband. Now do you suppose that she had issues with forgiveness? I would not hesitate to say yes. Now when I say forgiveness I mean that she would have those that she needed to forgive and I am sure that she needed to forgive herself. There may be those in our lives that need to ask us for forgiveness but that is a matter between that person and the Father God. It is our responsibility to be obedient and forgive. It is just that simple. The word of God tells us

Mt 6:14

For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father also will forgive you.

Mt 6:15

but if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Now, what is there about that scripture that we do not understand? When you get time please read Matthew 18: 21- end of the chapter.

I came face to face with the hate in my heart several years ago. It had been nearly two years since my divorce and I must tell you that I was in very bad shape. I was dying on the inside and on the outside on a roller coaster ride with death.

After spending an hour or so at the car wash, one day in June of 1993 I needed to run to Wal-Mart for a few things. Hair a mess, no make up, just going to run in and grab a few things and run out. How many of you know that when you go to Wal-Mart in a small town, it is like homecoming. Nearly finished I round the end of an isle in the food section and came face to face with the other woman. She now lived in my home, was a part of my business, and living with my husband. I cannot tell you the depths of my hate for her. At one point I called it “Righteous indignation “to avoid dealing with my hate. At that moment she smiled. I left my basket where it sat and hurried out the door, getting in my car and headed home. Not being able to drive my car because of the sobs that were coming up from within my spirit, I pulled off to the side of the road. In my pain and despair I cried out to the Lord to let me live. I was in such torment; I wanted to live but did not want to live in that state. As I sat in my car on the side of the highway sobbing pleading for life the Lord spoke to me so clearly. Oh not in audible voice, to my spirit, “Forgive her”, at first my rebellion rose up within me and I shouted No in the face of God, “I want her dead” Now there is an attitude for a Christian? Ever been there?

After pleading over and over again for Him to restore my life, the same message came bursting through over and over again “Forgive Her”… After what seemed to be hours, broken and finally ready to obey, with everything that I had within me, with my teeth clinched tight, “I forgive her” came out my lips. There was no lightening; there was no feeling, there was nothing.

So many of us think that we need to “want” to obey. The word tells us that we walk by faith and not by sight and certainly not by feeling. Obedience to the word in most instances comes before the feeling or the want to! I did not want to utter those words of forgiveness, I did not want to loose her of her debt to me however, in obedience to His word, I uttered the words that set me free. Oh not right then, but I can tell you this one thing, that day was the first day of the rest of my life. Friends saw it on my face and they began to see the healing taking place in my life.

We are not people without passion and emotions. We believe that as Christians there is something wrong with us if we find hate in our hearts. We must give our emotions to the One that gave us those emotions. He is able to search out our hearts and bring us into forgiveness if we will just be obedient to His word. It absolutely does not matter what has been done to you, what you have suffered, He wants you to live, and the key to that life is forgiveness. Trust me; it will transform your life. It has mine.

Joh 10:10

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Live in the abundance of His gift to you. Open the door to answered prayer; open the door to health and peace in your life. Open the door to joy and the strength it brings, open the door for the Father to repair, and restore your heart. He stands ready, He offers you the key, take hold of life, forgive and see if what I say is not the absolute truth. He challenges us to prove all things in

1 Thessalonians 5:21

Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Be blessed today, and pray about all things that you hold in your heart. Let the spirit of God search out your heart and bring all things under his blood. Forgiveness is a gift, take it and live.

In Christ

Denise