Wednesday, November 12, 2008

AND THE WINNER IS !!!!!

Ladies.......... did you doubt me? I hope not......... Rough weekend here and Monday and Tuesday were not much better.......... BUT I am fine now and back on top of things... and speaking of on top of things I thought I would show you my "Buddy" His name is Moses and he is a love bird. Do not let that name fool you........ He is meaner than a junk yard dog when he wants to be. He loves to sit on top of my grapevine in my shop. He is 8 years old this December. We bought him 5 days after he hatched. He had no feathers and his eyes were still closed. They put a band on his leg and we took him home 8 weeks latter. They only live in captivity about 5 years so he is doing good. He is not spoiled or anything ! hA! Isn't he beautiful......... but can you see that mischievous look in his eye!

I have been working in my shop on some new projects and I thought I might show you a few things.. This is something that I am playing with and I think it turned out ok, what do you think? It is stitched on tea stained muslin. It is framed in glass so if you click on the picture to get an up close look the white spots are the glare from the glass. ......I think that I am going to put it over on my SEWTHEWORD blog this weekend along with a few other things and sell them... What ya think? I think this is a 5 x 7 frame size.
These are my primitive apples and pumpkins. I have just learned to make these and have had a lot of fun with them. I have carrots and butternut squash in the works... They are too much fun to make and to sit around for holiday decor.... I am going to try my had at a poinsettia latter but not in time for this year but maybe next.
Here is one of the larger pumpkins up close and personal ....... I need to cut his leaves a bit but they smell so good. I stain them with a mixture of folk art paint mixed with vanilla and coffee! YUM!
I have them here in a group along with some moss from Wal-Mart. When I get my kitchen cleaned up from all the sheet rock dust I am going to put some in the middle of my table. That will be tooooooooooooo cute!
This pillow is a first........ I have been learning appliqué on my machine without cutting the letters first! It is a bit time consuming so not sure if I am going to pursue these or not... but they look cute laying on the fireplace mantel or grouped with other pillows...... This one is about 12" long.


The back of the pillow.............tooooooooo cute material... I think I am going to use it with my apples...........


These are my primitive apples and I just love them......... Next batch I am going to put some apple pie spice in the paint ................ That will be sooooooooooooooooooo sweet! I have sent some of these to my swap partner last month and I took a couple to another gal in town. I have pictures to share with you the end of the week about her... She loved them! Just put them in a little basket with some moss and there you go...!



Now......... here is the fun part..... well except for the winner which I will tell in just a minute........... We had such fun at the craft fairs this past month in Arkansas. Bella Vista to be exact... That ............................................... We are going to go back next year and we are going to have a booth!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to make dolls and lots of dolls and punkins and apples and carrots and squash and stuff and me and my sweet DH are going to take that to Bella Vista next year for 4 days and just sit and visit and meet great people and make some money maybe or not! This is a canvas tent booth that we saw a few weeks ago in Oklahoma and we just love it........ It is very very rustic and looks just like something that would frame my dolls and stuff so well! AND this tent is for sale!!!!!!!!!! We will contact here latter in December when she finishes her craft fairs and heads home. Is that exciting or what!
Anyway... I have a few dolls almost finished and will have pictures of them on the Sew The Word next week...........

Now without further ado.................. I took all the names from the first post with the strange machine (and by the way got lots of fun guessing) then I took all the names from the second post where I told you to hurry and guess.......... I listed them from the first post first and then the second and took out all the duplicate names and this is the list I got............. Then I went to the numbers generator and typed in the number and this is the number it gave me!



Here are your random numbers:

23 

Timestamp: 2008-11-12 07:34:48 UTC


1 Mary said...
2. Denise said...
3. JC said...
4. countrygirl3031 said...
5. Sharon Brumfield said...
6. PEA said...
7. MelanieJoy said...
8. kansasrose said...
9. Joyce said...
10. elaine @ peace for the journey said...
11 .Sandi McBride said...
12 .Hootin' Anni said...
13. Talk..to..Grams said...
14 .judy said...
15. Angie said...
16. Love Bears All Things said...
17. Tracy said...
18. Shirley said...
19 .Annette said...
20 .Belinda said...
21. Wonderfully Sew Knit said...
22 .Dawnie said...
23 Edge of Design said...
24. Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...
25. 'Tart said...
26. Tracy said...
27. Love Bears All Things said...
28 .Chris said...
29. valerie said...
30. Mississippi Songbird said...
31. Back Through Time said...
32. Deb said...
33. Mariel said...
34. Linda said...


AND THE WINNER IS

EDGE OF DESIGN............

Congrats Denise..

I am sending you the pillow with a couple of apples and a couple of pumpkins ! Enjoy.........

Well ladies ........ as usual I so enjoyed this and I think I will give away some things in December! You can never tell...........

Love you gals so much....... you will never know what you mean to me!

Hugs

22 comments:

Denise said...

You are so very talented my friend. I am so glad that Denise won, she is a sweetie.

Anonymous said...

Wow! This entry of yours today is full of surprises. At first, I thought, OH NO! She's going to give away buddy. What did I sign up for? hahahah Then I saw your beautiful work and must say you are one very talented woman indeed! I am so proud of you for deciding to get your own booth. In fact, I am really happy for you. I appreciate winning the prize but if you don't mind, I'd really like to give it to my daughter instead. She is an up and coming seamstress herself, I believe. I have no doubt your gift will inspire her even more. Thank you very much my precious friend. I love you!

Anonymous said...

PS: I meant to ask you. How did it go with your visit to the woman who wanted to make sure you got your parcel. Have you had a chance yet?

Love Bears All Things said...

I love all these things. Congrats to the winner.
Mama Bear

Love Bears All Things said...

Denise,
I was very interested in the cute angel picture. I can't access Sew The Word.
Mama Bear

Vicki said...

Congrats to Edge of Design!

I absolutely LOVE all these pics and would feel so at home with you, my dear friend.

hugs,
Vicki

Michele said...

Oooooo, I'm so jealous that you get to go back to Bella Vista! That's so cool!

Yup, I love my apples...I brag about them all the time when people come visit me! I'm just about done with your November package...and will mail it by Monday...I still want to get one more thing!!!

Hugz girlfriend,
Michele

Sharon Brumfield said...

Congrats to Edge!
I love the things you have turned out in your shop and I am sure that others will love to buy them too!
How cool that you found a tent...I think your stuff will look great in it.
Glad things are getting better and things are coming together.

Donetta said...

Hello, How are you? Sound like you are pumped up to create, I love it! Too cute primitives.
Those green beans I grew them!
No one else touched them but me! What a dream come true for me. I have always wanted to grow my own food.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

You are so creative, I love them all. The pillows, apples, pumpkins and the stichery all so awesome..m..

Patti said...

Your bird is beautiful. And so are the pumpkins. You are definitely a talented gal!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for sharing that you, too, struggled with conforming to what people thought you should be doing...and how the Lord set you free from that bondage.

When the Son sets us free, we are free indeed, aren't we?

Love in Christ,
Patti

Mimi said...

sorry I have been out of commission for a while and missed the drawing... everything was soooooo cute....Maybe next time...
I love your bird..He is beautiful...even if he is mean as a junk yard dog...
Mimi

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Hey congrats to the winner...I think your pillow is really pretty..well so is everything else for that matter.
I am so sorry to hear that you are watching your mother decline. that is horrible. I am so sorry!! it must be awful..sandy

Linda said...

Congrats to the lucky winner!

Denise you have been busy...I love all your creations! The pumpkins are so cool and I especially love your LOVE pillow...hugs, Linda

Susan said...

Hi,

Thanks so much for stopping by yesterday!!

Wow, you are soooooooooo talented. I really enjoyed viewing the things you have made.

Blessings to you! Have a great weekend♥

Unknown said...

Heritage Days is always the third week end in October. Hugh walk through tents are set up at the Harbour along the Osage River, I believe I read they had 18,000 people this year.


Katie

kansasrose said...

HI HON!

Congrats to the lucky winner! Your crafts are beautifully, lovingly made. You will rock out those craft shows! Guess what, I have a lovebird too! His bite is NASTY BAD, but he is such a dear! I cracked up when you described your bird as meaner than a junk yard dog. You are tooo funny!!! He is gorgeous though! They are very easy to spoil aren't they?

I inherited "Turk" short for Turkey from my oldest DD's college roomie 6 years ago. She couldn't have Turk in her apartment and I was chosen as his adopted birdmom. hehe. He is one ornery little cuss, but so much personality, and so gorgeous! I've taught him to do backflips. He sings for fresh greens. I can't let him out of his cage or I'd never catch him, and his bite is wicked!!! Dang bird is bloodthirsty. Love ya!

Mary said...

Oh Denise, these things are so beautiful. You will sell a million at the craft fair next year. Way to go, my friend.

Congratulations to Edge for winning this lovely prize.

Now, you asked about my Christmas book swap. I will post more about it tomorrow evening, but it is a swap with a partner for a book that tells a Christmas story. A few examples would be The Christmas Quilt The Christmas Box... Any book that tells a Christmas story.

Hope you decide to join. I have Paula confirmed.

Blessings,
Mary

Annette said...

you've been tagged friend by me..
check out my Fridays post for the rules of the game. Have a sweet week~end. Hugs
Annette

Joyce said...

Boy you have been very busy......I liked all your little projects though. Pumpkins are my favorite too.
Keep having fun!
That is great about getting your own "spot" next year....start on that now!
See ya,
Joyce

valerie said...

Congratulations to the winner.
You are so talented Denise! That is so exciting that you'll have a booth next year. How fun!
Thanks for sharing all your stuff with us.
I took some pictures of my mom's parrot the other day. He's a mess!
I'll be posting about him one day soon.
Have a great weekend. Looks like we might finally get some cooler weather.
Love,
Valerie

Anonymous said...

Wow you are doing awesome!! Love all your new items, so happy for your new booth, how sweet!!
Conrats to you Edge!!! My number was 32, backwards 23 LOL I have a special pillow from Denise and I love it!!, Your daughter will too.