Friday, January 18, 2008

Oh How I Love Jesus


.... Have you read this? I mean really read it? While working in my shop today my mind went to the prayer that Jesus prayed in John17. He was headed to Calvary and He knew it. He knew that it was just a short time and the blood, His blood would be sprinkled on the Mercy Seat and our position with the Father would change forever. He knew that soon the heaven would turn black and the Father would turn His eyes away from Him ... He knew that the very reason that He was born was on the horizon.
Have you read it? Really read it? I have many times but even after reading it many times over the years when I read it again today it brings me to tears. When the word tells us that the word is alive it means that it is literally alive. Now that is hard for me to wrap my mind around but when you read and re-read the scripture and each time you read it, it brings to your spirit man the help for the need at hand.
Jesus is praying for us. He has lifted his face to the Father and He is praying for us. Now just that first verse along bring me to my knees. Jesus knew that He was close to Calvary and that He would be going back to the Father and in this knowledge He prayed for you... He prayed for me. I am humbled to take up my bible and read the 17th chapter of John. Now I did not copy paste the entire chapter here but please read it and put yourself at His feet.. See Him as He lifts His head toward heaven... Watch Him as He speaks to His Father about you and about me.. Hear the compassion in His voice when all He can think about or talk about is you and me. He was headed to Calvary....... He would soon fulfill all the prophets.. He was God in the flesh... He was praying for us...... Oh how I love Jesus... Oh how I love Jesus... Oh how I love Jesus .. because He first love me...
Jhn 17:1
These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
Jhn 17:11
And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we [are

Jhn 17:12
While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Jhn 17:13
And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
Jhn 17:14
I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
Jhn 17:15
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

Jhn 17:16
They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

Jhn 17:17
Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Jhn 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

Jhn 17:19
And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
Jhn 17:20
Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Jhn 17:21
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, [art] in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Jhn 17:22
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Jhn 17:23
I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Jhn 17:24
Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Denise,

Each time I read the Bible, I learn something new. I've read it several times now and always find something that jumps out at me. God speaks to us through His Word. Thanks so much for sharing.

How is Jean?

Blessings,
mary

Denise said...

Thanks so much for sharing this my dear friend. God is so precious.

Sharon Brumfield said...

Just the other day I was thinking about what would happen if out of some old hidden cave they pulled a letter that they could prove had been written by Jesus.
Can you imagine the media storm? The people who would be willing to spend millions to have this piece of history.
And then it hit me once again as I was reading Job and the words spoken to Him by God--we really do have the very real written words of God. The very words. And in the N.T
we have the very real words of Jesus. That ought to blow our minds. It just hit me in a new way.
The word is truly alive.
Thanks girl.

Anonymous said...

And isn't it awesome knowing that Jesus saw us, even today, and prayed this prayer... for us? For you and me and all mankind. My gratitude is overwhelming.

NeereAnDear said...

Was looking at your art from your previous post ... too darling... and I imagine they will make some fabulous designs

HUGS

JO

Unknown said...

I enjoyed post so much!God is so good! Your friend Lisa