Thursday, January 3, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Mom and Dad's house that we moved in this summer.. How cute is that.......
....Going to stop in just for a minute and say good morning to all the ladies here... Hubby has been home until this morning, so my days have been out of the normal routine. I love having him home ..... we love kicking around together... I still have my Christmas tree up and still have the decorations on the house... Weather is cold cold and I guess there is some sleet coming. Sooooooo the decorations on the house will have to wait.
........... I have been so down in my spirit the past couple of days and not sure why... Trying to be my normal self but I am sure that each of you know how hard that is....... Tell you the truth, I cannot share too much here about me as my Dad reads my blog and to sit down and really share would possibly upset him..... sooooooooooooo guess I need to make a ghost blog so I can just talk......

........ I have decided to keep my shop open one more year so I need to get my days in order so that my house work will not overwhelm me. With Mom and Dad right out beside my house it is easy just to drop what I am doing and go there........(that is the picture of their little house) That is the nice thing about them being so close.......... I had wanted to retire this year but we have only been in this house 3 years and it was built in the 70's so there is a lot of upgrading to do......... We have finished a lot but now the kitchen/dining room needs work and new heating and air system put in the house. Thus, I will work toward that and hopefully by the end of this year we will have those things finished. I hope to post a few of my projects on my Sew The Word blog so that you can see what I do.... maybe next week.........

......... I am just finishing up a book called Blue Like Jazz and I must say it is the most down to earth book about Christianity that I have ever read. If you get the time pick it up and read..... but please be prepared he is very colorful in his writing, nothing like any other christian book you will read.

.... busy day today and still the rent house to finish up..... I think we can get it on the market by the middle of the month... and good riddance I say...... We have flipped 5 houses in the past two years (and not because of want to... had to) long story......... this will the 6th one. I pray that there will not be anymore for a few years..... I need to spend time on mine. AND we are tired of painting!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahhaha. I will be over there most of the weekend finishing up the painting in the house and cleaning the hardwood floors......

..........BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so thankful that I am able to work like this and I am so thankful that I have Mom and Dad close in order to help them... I am thankful that even in my 60 years I still can run with the best of them. I am thankful for my husband of 8 years, he is such a gift from God and I am thankful that the Lord is going to bring my youngest son Chris, his soul mate. (that is a by faith proclamation) I have been praying for him a wife for years and years and years and by faith she will come on the scene this year... He is 38 and has waited long enough I think........... He is ready to settle down but she has just not shown up yet.....

.......... I am thankful for all the promises of God that we can grab hold of when life gets in our face...... I heard a saying once that bears repeating...

............... Things in life are a fact of life........... but the Truth overwhelms the facts....... for Truth is greater........ I like that....... It is a fact that I am tired but the truth tells me that the Joy of the Lord is my strength...............
............ Today I will joy in the Lord...................and I will dance..............




13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I had a technician come out and now my typing is back to where it should be. Thanks for being patient as I can now get to replying to your email. Some of the "blue" you are feeling is typical with the excitement of Christmas and then the back to routine. It's rather normal even.

Anonymous said...

Pretty layout! I think it's wonderful that you have your parents living so close by. I'd love to have that. Sorry you've been feeling blue -- we haven't had much sunlight here and that really gets to me. But it was sunny today and I felt much better. We have those daylight bulbs in our lights and they really help me during the winter. D

SweetAnnee said...

DENISE..I'm going to read your post today
but I wanted to thank you for the
MOST WONDERFUL UPLIFTING post on
my blog today
You Rock..and
our God is an awesome God.

I'm not even thinking of taking down
the decorations yet..It's way too pretty and
way too much work..LOL
deena

MelanieJoy said...

The winter months can bring on some "blue" feelings. God knew to what he was doing letting this gal be born so far down south...this cold weather is killing me...I would never make it up north ;)
Little secret (that I'm of course fixing to make public) I for some reason am just feeling like this is the year I'll run across my soul mate....but it's all about His plans.
Pray your spirits be lifted...

Sandra said...

Love the new look of the blog! It sounds like you are really busy! Remember to take some time for you.

Denise said...

Your blog looks lovely, keep dancing sweetie.

NeereAnDear said...

So glad you came by to visit... and enter my giveaway... you didnt say what you wanted number 10 to be.... a painting pillow or cards?

Hope you will come by again... I like your blog... gonna spend a bit more time right now reading it..

HUGS
JO

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Denise,
"THANK YOU" so much for stopping by. I do hope you enjoyed your visit and will come back again for a visit. If you don't mind, I'll add you to my blogroll. I love making and getting aquainted with new friends. And yes, we are pert near neighbors. Only I live in the Northeast part of the State near Jonesboro. I do believe I have been thru your part of the State before. I think it was 2 or 3 years ago I was with my DH on the road with him. I've been to OK several times with him, but I do remember coming thru your town tho. I can't remember where we were headed to, but when I read your profile, it clicked with me. LOL. What part of AR does your Son live in? I love the picture of your Parent's home. Is that a recent picture? I love the Snow. We very seldom get Snow, so when we do get it, it is always a welcomed sight around here. We do indeed have alot to be "THANKFUL" for. I am "THANKFUL" I still have both of my Parents living. They live 11 miles from where we live. They have helped us out quite a bit this year. It has been cold here the last couple of days. It is suppose to be up in the 60's by the weekend. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

sharon brobst said...

Hey...the blog looks great!

Hang on to truth dear sister...

Sharon Brumfield said...

Like the new look girl.
I have not had much experience with the blue side of the world. But the past few months have introduced me to the blues.
Some for spiritual reason and some because of a change in responsibilities.
I am learning so much about myself. Some good and some not so good.
But He is working and I want to let Him have his perfect work.
Sounds like you have a busy life. I will tell you what others tell me. Don't forget to take some time for yourself. Dee has told me that often.
Love the picture of the snow.

Anonymous said...

It turns out it was missing a few drivers. It all work well again. I don't know what happened exactly I just found out what worked.

Anonymous said...

What happened to your other two blogs?

Cheryl said...

Hi, Denise,

Thank you for the comment on my blog. And thanks for stopping by.

I just had to comment about your son who is still looking for the love of his life. The right person is worth waiting for. I was 38 and my hubby was 40 when we found each other (in 1999). We now have 3 boys. Anyway, I hope you are right and this is the year he finds the right person.

Take care, Denise.
Cheryl