Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Comfort and Protection


.........Pray for the precious people in the states that lost loved ones last night in that destructive weather.
.....I got up this morning thinking that I would see headlines of Super Tuesday and in it place the destruction of homes... and the loss of 47 lives. I hate tornadoes.. they come up on you without much warning and sometimes there is just no escape.. I have a terrible fear of them but I have managed over the years to control that fear... I pray for those that lost home and loved ones.. I pray for those that have had their lives disrupted.. I pray for those people in the path of those storms today................
.............. So...... we as the body of Christ each in one accord...... pray for comfort and pray that the Father would hold close those that lost family and friends..........and protection of those still in its path

8 comments:

Rose of Sharon said...

I will pray. You are so sweet.

Denise said...

I am standing with you in prayer my friend. Thank God, the storms hit close to us, but all we got was alot of heavy rain. I love you my friend,

Karen H. said...

Good Afternoon Denise,
"THANK YOU" so much for this post. I finally put up a new post and told about the damage here in Arkansas and Tennessee. It was such a devastating night. We only got some heavy rains here. They did sound the sirens tho because we caught the tail end of a possible Tornado that was moving up from the South. I don't like Tornadoes either. I have always been scared of them. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

blessings said...

HI Denise. Sorry I've not been by for a few days but I've been catching up today. I loved your post about spiritual housekeeping! The storms here are pretty bad. Snow is falling about 2" per hour and it's not supposed to let up until 6:00 tonight. I think we've already gotten about 12-15". The kids, of course, are thrilled! I'll admit, a day of not going anywhere is pretty wonderful! They've been building snow forts - about 15 minutes at a time because the wind is so blustry that they can't stay out much longer. I'm praying with you for those who have been in this storm. Blessings... Polly (p.s. those gratitude rocks are on ebay - I've got a link if you are interested)

Connie Barris said...

sweet friend, I will be praying.. and lifting up those in need...

you are so dear to stand by and pray...

the life we live, crisis' around us, keep us on our knees before our Papa...

much love
connie

Talk..to..Grams said...

I was like you when I woke up this morning hearing all about the terrible weather.... I thought about Karen and Mama Bear and then it said it was bad over by Denise and Lib's and I started praying they would be safe! I was so glad to hear that it went around them.
Love and Hugs, Grams

Mary said...

Denise,

I saw the devastation on TV and have been praying for all those who lost loved ones and their homes, as well as the injured.

I appreciate your comments on the cards I made today. I look forward to see what you've been doing. I'm praying for Friday to be positive for you.

Blessings,
Mary

Yolanda said...

There is a powerful video of Gods Care on my blog.