Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Explosions







Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119.11

But the Comforter, (which is ) the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, HE shall teach you all things, AND bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought
into captivity to the obedience of Christ". (2 Corinthians 10:4,5)

Now I listed the three scriptures first and in order of what I want to talk about.

You have heard me speak many times here in this blog of our spirit man. I do that because it is where all things happen. Our outer man dies daily but our inner man is renewed daily. We are alive in our spirit man and in our flesh we have decay.

Jesus told us that HE had to go back to the Father and if HE did not go back then the comforter could not come.

The comforter… Paraclete The form of the word is unquestionably passive. It can properly mean only "one called to the side of another," and that with the secondary notion of counseling or supporting or aiding him. That him is us.

The Holy Spirit , Paraclete is a gift from the Father and that gift is the answered prayer to the Father from the Son. Jesus prayed that the Father would not leave us alone, that HE would keeps us while in this world and answer came in the form of the Holy Spirit of promise.

Holy Spirit brings to our remembrance the Word of God . He leads us in that truth of God's Word. He uses the word of God that WE have hid in our hearts to do the warfare that we so desperately need today.

We can study and we can read and we can memorize (personally something that I have never tried to do) but the human mind is incapable of remembering all those things. As we read the word of God we must understand that it is alive. Unlike other words on a page it is living and it is working in us to accomplish those things that the Father has spoken over us. It is alive and it resides in our spirit man NOT our soul.

Try as we may we are helpless to do anything outside of the power of the Holy Spirit that dwells within us. We are powerless and the sooner in our Christian walk we learn that the greater victories we will experience.

If we read that scripture we see that HE uses the word remembrance. HE will bring to our remembrance the things that Jesus has spoken to us. As we live in the world and as we move though this life we WILL encounter hardships. We will.

NOW

When we fail to read and hide the word in our heart then when life comes at us HE has very little to bring to our remembrance.

First HE needs to bring a revelation of the scriptures that is needed to combat the darkness at hand and then HE can impart to us the weapons of our warfare.

When we hid the word of God in our hearts THEN when life comes at us HE will rise up in our spirit man with the weapons that are not carnal.

When fear comes , and it will, when despair and confusion and grief and any of the attributes of the darkness rise up to consume us and cloud our vision, the Holy Spirit will explode in our carnal minds the weapons needed to win the war, and those weapons is the word that we have hid in our hearts. HE bursts forth above the shouts of the darkness with words of Truth.

Weapons, they are not carnal, they are MIGHTY to the pulling down of strongholds.

I have experienced this many times in my walk with the Lord. I will find myself struggling with life and the bombardment of lies that so easily come from the enemy. I have listened and in floods the fear and grief or sorrow or whatever emotion is triggered by the lies. THEN from within me comes explosions of the word, it comes up from my spirit man and it is ALWAYS the scriptures that are needed for that warfare. Always.

He bursts on the scene of my mind and overrules the lies of the enemy. Sometimes I wonder when in the world I read that scripture or sometimes and most of the time I do not even remember studying that passage.. However, the Holy Spirit remembers and from the depths of my real man he brings truth. Truth to bring comfort, truth to bring counsel truth to bring joy over sorrow and rejoicing over despair. HE comes and HE brings with HIM those things that I have hid in my heart.

HE brings weapons and they weapons that bring every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.


Study… read…. meditate….. listen…. fill your spirit man with the word and when evil comes, the Holy Spirit will come on the scene with might and power and HE will bring forth the truth that lies within you. HE will bring to your remembrance whatsoever the Christ has spoken. What greater power is there? None…….

Denise


10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi Denise! Such a sweet reminder tonight. "Study, read, meditate, listen and fill your spirit and then when evil comes, the Holy Spirit witll come on the scene". Thank you!

Vicki said...

Thank you so much Denise, for words spoken at the right time. I have been studying on this just now and the way you worded it helps me.
Again, thanks! Vicki from My Favorite Things

Andrea said...

Blessings and prayers,
andrea

Karen said...

Amen! Hallelujah!! Just what I needed to read....

So GLAD you are back...my head was nodding up and down as I read through your post...you were given a word and were obedient to share...

Shirley said...

Amen to that, Denise. I praise God for the sweet Holy Spirit....so, so
thankful that He dwells in me.

Jackie said...

Amen and Amen!! Glad to see you're back Sister!!

Love and Sweet Blessings!
Jackie

Maxine said...

What a needed word, Denise. Where would we be without the dear Spirit of God. Thanks, Sis.

Annette said...

considering everything I have been through with my brothers leaving, I needed this, some times that darn'ol satin wants me to question my brothers love for me and where he's at, and if I'm not careful I could so easily let it happen, but I fight back with firmness!!! I once asked Lord, " Lord, did you hold my brothers hand when he came home to you?" and I heard the sweetest calmest voice say "No my child, I carried him" OK......tears flowing here. So, I tell satin that when he tries to make think different.
Thank you Jesus for loving me!!

I LOVE YOU
Hugs~
Annette

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

So powerful and the music. A good way to start Holy Week, My daughter loves the quilt!!!!!! Such a sweet gift....m...

Deb said...

Amen!! Preach it Sister:)Have a Blessed Easter:) Love You,
Deb