Monday, April 13, 2009

Saturday's Sweet Surprise

After a long day of work in the yard, tired and dirty and ready for a hot bath, but first check the mail. Here I found this envelope. Canada? What did I order from Canada? I am always buying something off of Ebay, but could not for the life of me remember buying something from Canada?


The only thing left for me to do is open that package!



Two of the cutest little egg cups with real eggs decorated and her initial on each egg. Thank you Margaret over at The French Bear



What a blessing these blog friends have become. They are the extension of God's Hands.
In so many cases what is just a simple little gift on one end is a blessing needed on the other.
What a beautiful ministry the Father God is involved in called the Blogs.


Thank you Margaret..... You are a blessing......


********************************************************************
Today I headed to the city for a simple medical procedure. I have a Schatzki ring
in my esophagus and every few years or so has to be stretch out. It gets to the point that I have trouble swallowing so need to go see my Dr. He is wonderful and I do not even need an office visit. Just called him on Thursday and I was in and out this morning by 10:00. Just have a little sore throat but that will be gone tomorrow.. I have to eat soft food like icecream and pudding today........ Ahhhhhhhhh that is too bad...... ha!
Remember to pray for Jean... She is still with her here in our world, and I am still praying for her to go home. I will see her tomorrow
.


20 comments:

Denise said...

Such a sweet blessing.

Karen said...

What beautiful and delicate looking little eggs! How sweet and thoughtful of your friend...

Enjoy your ice cream and pudding...

The French Bear said...

Denise, you are so welcome! I will keep Jean in my prayers. I hope you feel better soon.
Hugs to you,
Margaret B

Linda said...

What a sweet surprise that brightened your day.
Glad your medical procedure went well and eating ice cream is always a good thing.
Continued prayers for Jean....hugs, Linda

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

What a special gift!!

Also, hubby has a Schatzki ring too! It's been a few years now and I can tell it's beginning to bother him again. Told him he should not wait until he can't anything down!!

Blessings to you! Still thinking/praying for Jean.

~Beth

Hootin' Anni said...

Oh my gosh....color me green with envy here. You know how I collect Santas, right? Well, this year around Easter I started finding some really cute, adorable egg cups. Guess what? Yep, I need to collect something else like I need another hole in my head....but they're irresistible. What a great gift.

Deb said...

HA!!!! Now you know exactly how I felt when I opened your card, I cried, thank you sooooo much, love you:) Now go eat more ice cream!!

Oh Sew Good said...

What a nice surprise and from Canada, eh? :)

Annette said...

I love you~ sorry for the belated Thank you, don't check my mail much, too scared to any more lol but I did this morning and it was a wonderful surprise, I thanked our father for you and all your blessing that bring each and everyone of us!
Hugs always~
Annette

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

The eggs are beautiful, but the procedure sounds awful. I have a hard time swallowing too. I hope this is the forecast of my future.

Thanks for checking in. Have a blessed week. Walk your Easter, friend.

peace~elaine

Diane said...

How lovely, Denise. What a great surprise. And blessings on your procedure.

skywind said...

Oh, sweet blessing. Color eggs. :)
Health informationHumor & Fun World

Maxine said...

Isn't that so sweet! I can attest to what you said about blogging. Glad all went well with your procedure--it's always good to get these things behind us.

And thanks for the update about Jean. I've been praying for her. God knows just the right time for her to cross the river.

valerie said...

Awww......what a sweet gift. Isn't it great to receive fun surprise gifts in the mail!
I agree with you - blogging friends are the best.

I've never heard of Schatzki ring. I'm glad it's not a big ordeal to get it taken care of. Darn...you have to eat ice cream and pudding. ;)

Mary said...

Denise,

The egg cups are beautiful. What a wonderful gesture from your Canadian friend. I'm sure the surprise brought a smile to your face after all of that hard work.

I'm glad the procedure is over and that you will be swallowing well by tomorrow. It's great that your doctor gets you in so soon.

Praying for Jean, her daughter and you, my friend.

Blessings,
Mary

PEA said...

Good morning, dear Denise:-)

Don't you just love receiving such wonderful surprises in the mail?! The Egg Cups and Eggs are so gorgeous and I'm sure will bring a smile to your face for years to come:-) Blogging friends are indeed a blessing...God knew what He was doing when He brought us all together!! My prayers continue for Jean. xoxo

Love Bears All Things said...

Hello dear Denise,
Aren't blogging friends the greatest. Such a blessing! Only God could know.
I, too recieved a pkg from French Bear and will post it soon.
My thoughts are with you as you await Jean's passing.
Blessings,
Mama Bear

Roxanne said...

I have so enjoyed reading your blog. God has laid it upon my heart to write my own. Could you tell me how you get your comments to be viewed on the page so all can read. I have a "cutest blog on the block" blog and can't seem to figure it out. Thank you & God Bless
Roxanne
www.roxannesjourney.blogspot.com

Flip Flop Floozie said...

The human body can be marvelous..the will to live is something i dont think anyone understands..your friend is still here..Well it is not time yet..
Thanks for praying for my SIL JUDY!! Her operation is this afternoon at 2:00 EST...1:00 your time. She just has to be all right..Please Lord!!
Sandy

Tracy said...

Aww what a nice surprise! Know that you are in my prayers my friend. Thank you for all your support you have been for me in blogger land. Hugs.