Thursday, April 23, 2009

10 Years April 24th ------- WE MET ON THE INTERNET

A LOVE STORY


Ten years ago today, April 24th........ I heard his voice, and when least expected, God moved. I had been single for 10 years with NO intentions of marrying again......... Been there done that! On April the 1st (April Fools Day) I had to close the doors on my business and file bankruptcy. I was broken. I had worked hard for years and it was not that I could not make money it was that there was just one of me. I was working 12-14 hours a day 7 days a week and I just could not stand under that stress....... I called the bank that had my loan and told them to come get it.. And come and get it they did....... On April Fool's day........... That did not help......,



It was the next day that I was walking in the park, not knowing what to do, no job, homeless (I was living in the back bedroom of a friend but now I had no way to pay her) Oh she was not kicking me out but she had nothing either. I was living on lettuce and fried chicken from Wal-Mart. hahahah now there is a diet. It would last me two or three days.

I digressed, it was the following day and I was walking the park, talking to my Father God. It was a time in my life that I was very close to HIM and could hear HIM speak. (I have lost some of that but that is for another day)

I remember exactly where I was when HE spoke. The park has a walking path and it is 1 1/2 miles around and there are several very pretty places along the path. There is this one spot that you cross over a little bridge with a very small creek flowing under. One of my favorite places along the path. I had been talking to the Lord about my life and what next...


My conversation to HIM was, "do I stay here or do I move to Tulsa where there is more opportunity for jobs?" Do I stay with Sharon or move back in with Mom and Dad in order for me to be able to keep my car for a few more months" I just need direction Lord, just need direction. It was then HE spoke and I was right in the middle of that little bridge. " I have someone for you " was HIS response.

Oh NO! I did not ask for a man was my response.......... How many of you out there know that HE does not argue with us........ Just the spoken word...... Then HE was silent.

The month of April was coming to an end and the only thing I had left from my business was my computer. My friend that I lived with worked nights so it was a good time for me to read and study and renew my spirit. I also during the month of April found a web site called One on One pen pal's for Christians........ I thought it looked pretty good so in I went. Not a chat room as I was afraid of those, but a web site with Christians that were visiting via email. No names or address or even email addresses..... You were assigned a number which kept you safe.



I had several gals that I was talking to and when I would get the guy emails I would just delete them. I did that many days before one day in my email box was an email from a man named Dennis.
I cannot tell you to this day why I did not delete that one but I am sure we all know, but I opened it and read........It was simple and well written and not a lot of "I love to take long walks in the rain kind of crap" Just who he was and what he did for a living and just stopping in to say hello. Well I answered that email............ Long story short........ It was my precious DH....... Dennis Walden.

After a few days of email we both logged onto a chat program called ICQ some of you might know of it , not even sure if it is still around. It was open chat not chat rooms and we began to talk...



Here are the first few days :

April 24, 1999......... I met my husband.


ICQ History Log For:
37192598 Dennis

--------------------------------------
Dennis

4/24/99 5:01 PM

Hi Denise!
Just a quick note to let you know my ICQ # is
37192598.
This is pretty neat ( I'm easily
entertained!).....
Hope your trip to Tulsa was safe and you
enjoyed visiting with family.....Dennis

Denise
4/24/99 5:02 PM

good afternoon,,,, did not go to Tulsa,,,,
Storms..

Dennis

4/24/99 5:04 PM

Sorry you couldn't...weather here is kinda bad
too.. just catching up on house
cleaning...thanks so much for the ICQ tip..I'm
trying to get my niece in Springfield setup
also...

Denise

4/24/99 5:06 PM

wow did not take you long to download and get
started,,,,, I think that you will enjoy this
.... I have many friends around the
world,,,,,LOLO my list gets out of hand some
times and have to go through and delete those
that I have not heard from in a while...

Dennis

4/24/99 5:10 PM

I can imagine...I'm still wading through all
the options and set up stuff.
Need to take a break and go get some
groceries; want to cook meatloaf
tonight, maybe rent a movie or got to Barnes &
Noble for awhile..

Denise

4/24/99 5:11

PM have a great day,,,,, and enjoy your evening

Dennis

4/24/99 5:16 PM

and sometimes you get booted off of ICQ......:)

Dennis

4/24/99 5:18 PM

Happens a lot here too!...you have a great
weekend there Denise.
I'ts nice that we've met and can share some
thoughts along the way..
I'm working tonite at midnite for a couple
hours; only time I can take down
the entire network for an upgrade..

Denise

4/24/99 5:18 PM :)

have great day,,,,,, :) God Bless

And the rest they say is history......... After visiting the rest of the month of April and all of the month of May, we met for the first time at the praying hands in Tulsa Oklahoma on May 29, 1999.


I got there first as he was driving from Wichita Kansas.

I sat under those hands for a very long time it seemed. Then I saw his truck (he told me what he was driving) pulling into the parking lot. My heart raced....
We spoke for just a minute and laughed at how nervous we both were and it was there standing beneath those hands towering over us that he asked me to marry him and gave me a ring.

He knew, he had waited all his life until God told him this is the one. He knew, he had heard from God. I knew.
That was 10 years ago today, and I can tell you that Dennis Walden was sent from God. I had lived in fear of my life for so many years and suffered through abuse for years and years, BUT I always knew that my Father God had a man for me that had his heart turned toward the Father.
God did......... His name is Dennis Walden.


We were married October 17th 1999 at the crystal chapel in Eureka springs Ark. There are not words .............. I will post about that in October...

See the little bench on the left hand side of the base...... That is where I was sitting...

When God moves there is no mistaking................HIS timing is perfect....... HIS voice is unmistakable if you are listening..... HE wants to give us direction , HE wants to give us life and life more abundant. HE loves us...... After many many years of heartache, abuse, dying dreams and a broken heart, HE took a keyboard stroke many hundred of miles away, over a thing called the Internet to give me the gift of Dennis....... I will spend eternity praising HIS name and living out unending years in the presence of the Father God and with my precious Dennis.



I have every one of the ICQ chats from April till October.... There are hundreds of them. I go back every once in a while and read them.. and cry....
They show a beautiful progression of two people becoming one. They are a priceless treasure......



33 comments:

Denise said...

Such a very precious post my dear friend, bless you.

Just Joni said...

What a lovely story. There is nothing like the feeling knowing God has had His hand in something so special. I wish for you many more happy years together.

Mary said...

Denise,

Loved your story of how you and Dennis met. Remarkable. God has our entire lives planned. How Great He Is.

Blessings,
Mary

Mary said...

PS. Yes, ICQ is still around. I used it during the 90s as well, but don't have it anymore.

Janera said...

Beautiful. And Happy Anniversary!

Dean Corso said...

Your story made me cry...made me too remember something I've lost for years now.

Best wishes for you both

"Just Me - NC Beth" said...

How very special!! My heart was warmed as I read your story....I could have read more, too!!! So interesting and yes, God's perfect timing...a match made in Heaven!!

Blessings on you and Dennis!!

~Beth

Hootin' Anni said...

....and just reading this story of meeting your Dennis, made ME cry!!!! I so LOVE love stories.

Rowann said...

God is SO GOOD... BLESSINGS and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY...

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

It is so great to know that when we cry out to our Father, He hears us! How He must smile, knowing He has had the plan in motion from the beginning of eternity and now gets to reveal it to His child! Denise, God has His hand on you, and I'm so glad you can see that in everything that comes your way! Your are such a blessing and a testimony to His grace and love!
Thank you!

Deb said...

Now that's a marriage made in heaven yes?? How sweet!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU BOTH:) AND HIS BLESSINGS FOR MANY MANY MANY MANY MORE. . . .

Annette said...

I love, love stories, to know they really exist makes me so happy, but anything our Father does is ALWAYS a happy, wonderful, perfect, love filled thing,as in this case! and aren't you glad he doesn't argue back with us, we would lose that argument for sure, every time! I know for a fact God has in sweet gentle hand in everything, my daughter and son are a living testimony to that! I love you and our father will continue to bless both of you with nothing but pure love, like his love for us!
Love your Sister in Christ
Annette

Sharon Brumfield said...

That was great!
Thanks for sharing that with us...I pray it brings hope to someone who is still looking...or not looking for their Dennis.

God is so good to bring us just what we need....even if we are not looking for it.

Love ya girl...

Karen said...

Congratulations and Happy # 10! I love reading stories like this...thank you for sharing!

Amrita said...

Wonderfil to read how God directed your steps brought you together.

Tracy said...

Denise what a beautiful story as well as a lesson in trusting that God's timing is everything. It always amazes me that we as humen will ignore our doubt that Voice in which Is God speaking. If only more would listen to it like you did. Thank you for sharing. I am so glad that you and your DH are so very happy. May you be blessed with many more years of togetherness and love.

Oh Sew Good said...

You made me laugh when you were calling out to God and His answer to you was He had someone for you. Somehow I can picture somewhat stunned, perplexed, confused, excited, surprised, baffled by that one. It's a beautiful story. I'm just sorry you were ever abused. I'm getting to know you and you are such a sweetheart that why anyone would want to hurt you is beyond me.

Diane said...

Dear Denise, Thank you for sharing this precious part of your life. Happy anniversary to the two of you and may your life together be richly blessed.

valerie said...

Awwww.....that is a wonderful love story!
I loved reading all about it Denise.
I have tears in my eyes. I'm so glad you met a man who loves you and is good to you. You are precious and you deserved someone like Dennis.
The praying hands picture is great. What better place to meet up?
God is good and faithful!!!
Happy Anniversary!
Love,
Valerie

Mary said...

Denise,

Just popped over to find out if you had posted and noticed your beautiful new look. It's awesome!

Praying that you will sleep better tonight.
Blessings,
Mary

Sandi McBride said...

I'm a sucker for love stories...especially the ones that start with "and God sent me"...because I know that He sent Mac to me...or me to him...I loved this post so much Denise! I want to also say thanks so much for all the prayers and love and concern while I was so ill! You are a rock!
hugs
Sandi

Lighthouse Prayer Line said...

Hi Denise,

Thanks for sharing that with us! We love your
site!! Amen & amen! :)

Hey. If you get the opportunity, would you
mind praying for the prayer requests that are
on our main page?

May the Lord bless you and your family!!

Mark, Lynn, Brooke & Carley Seay
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org

ps - please consider "following" our blog
-or- atleast grab one of our free, linking,
blue buttons. ( see top sidebar at
www.LighthousePrayerLine.org ).

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Visit Us Soon!.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´•

PEA said...

Oh Denise, such a beautiful love story and I have tears running down my cheeks. The internet can be a dangerous place but it can also be the most wonderful thing:-) God brougth you two together through this medium...who knew He was so computer savvy:-) hehe I remember using ICQ as well when I first got my computer and yes, it's still available although I don't know of anyone who uses it!! xoxo

Sharon said...

Happy Anniversary!What a wonderful story!Thanks for sharing!!Love~Sharon

Flip Flop Floozie said...

How sweet is this and so nicely written of course!! I loved reading this..what a miracle to both of you..Sandy

Mimi said...

what a beautiful story of love that could only have been planned and orchestrated by God...
thank you for sharing...

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I cried as I read this. It is so heart and soul warming!!! have a great week my precious friend...m..

Maxine said...

Wow. Indeed you have been blessed. Isn't our God really something? I wish you and your dear husband many lovely, Christ filled, precious days together. Hope you are doing well these days. God bless you.

Shirley said...

Denise, thank you for sharing this wonderful part of your life....God is so like that....to speak to our hearts in such a way that we know it is He speaking....and when we least expect it....those are times and memories that will always be in our hearts....and He does want us to share them....for His glory. I know God's Word says we are not to envy....but I can't help but want a relationship with God and a husband like you have. You are so blessed....I am so blessed to have found you as a friend....I thank God for you and wish you many more years together.

God bless you both.

BittersweetPunkin said...

WOW, that's quite a story...and the rest, is History. :)

Chris said...

How beautiful is your love story! And how blessed to hear the message from the Lord~ you are such a child of Jesus. Love you lots and thank you for your precious prayers. He works through you and blesses me...
love you dear friend

MJ said...

Denise ~ that is beautiful! It made me feel so renewed to hear such a wonderful story of someones life. Thanks for sharing!

Sharon Brumfield said...

Just want you to know that I love ya girl! THanks for being you!
Thanks for loving our Father and us girls!
You make my heart smile. :)