Friday, February 27, 2009

What Do I Do With This?

Is this beautiful or WHAT!!!

Thanks for sending Shortybear...............

Take it if you wish!

Now back to my original post!


Ok.. My sweet DH built this last summer thinking we were going to make a fence around the pool with many of these panels. BUT when we discovered the cost of each panel and how many it would take, we changed our minds!
Sooooooooooo I have this wonderful panel sitting in the shed waiting for a home. It is very well built with a top shelf and plastic lattice. This is 4'x4'. It will last for years.. When I see it I see blue morning glories and white moon vine. Maybe those two combination with yellow iris in front of the morning glories... So where to put!
Here is some ideas.......... TELL ME YOU THOUGHTS!



I will of course paint it so keep in mind a color.......... The lattice will of course remain white.......
Where or where do I put!

Remember the pictures from last year where we had to remove two HUGE trees from the front of my house......Alas they were dead and falling apart.......... But that has left my front yard as bare as a babies butt...... My mail box is exposed to the world....... I am thinking the panel right behind it with the yellow iris and moon vine and morning glories? Or is it too big for that? What ya think?


BUT!!!!!!!!! Here is my shop sitting back by the new fence (didn't he do a good job!) That panel would look good back there in the corner with the moon vine and morning glories! What ya think?

Now wait a minute! Here is the front and side of the north side of the fence ! What about it sitting right there on the corner with the stuff on it with yellow iris in front! Yeah ! That would look pretty ! BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is the front of the fence facing west and wonder if I should put that on the inside of the fence right in the corner for me to see when I am out in that pool? It would be hidden from the public but I could enjoy! Decisions, decisions !
AND my DH is fixing to build the fence on the south side of the house just like this one and enclose the pool before the cover comes off ( I so fear that Mom will walk all the way around the house and fall in the pool) Soooooooooo the fence needs to go up soon! Then of course I will have another blank canvas for that panel! Oh the decisions I must make!


AND don't ya just love that fence! We will be staining it this summer and painting the house! I will take lots of pictures !


Now you have all the information that you need ........... What ya think?
***********************************************************************************

I found this quote in my email this morning.......... How true it is!

Whatever keeps me from my Bible is my enemy, however harmless it may appear to me.

A. W. Tozer


10 comments:

Donetta said...

perhaps the corner in front at an angle to the fence. planting in front of it. It could be a attention getter. when giving an address you could say look for the trellis at the edge of the fence.

Denise said...

I like Donettas idea.

Shirley said...

Denise, I think that is a decision that you have to make....but I do believe I would want it where all could see. It will be beautiful. I also would paint it white to match the lattice.

Angie said...

WEll----my opinion....if you want it....would be....where ever you would enjoy a bench or swing. Because I would plunk it right down nearby either and sit in my swing and enjoy a book, coffe, and a dear friend....often as possible.
I prefer swings...but a bench is nice too!

Love the wide open yards and fields...so inviting! SO COUNTRY looking and that suits me to a T!

Love Bears All Things said...

I vote for putting it behind the mailbox.

We have two windows on one side of our new master bedroom where the morning sun comes in. We were plannning a seating area there but looking out the window, all we see is the neigbors driveway, garage door and her utility trailer. I suggested to Honey Bear that he build us a couple of fence panels similar to yours, hang a planter from them and plants some vines in front. Then when we look out, we'll see some natrue. He thought it was a good idea. I have one of those occasionally.

Let us know what you decide.
Mama Bear

Talk..to..Grams said...

I have no idea!! But hey how are you!! Always so happy when you come by and say Hi. It was near 70 yesterday and today it is 31 and calling for snow! Hugs, Grams

Mary said...

Denise,

I think you need more panels. But...I would paint it white and put it behind the mailbox for all the world to see, just as Mama Bear suggested. Then you need another one that you can see when you are in the pool.

I also like the idea of putting a panel near a swing. So many choices, but you have to make the final decision. If it was me, I would get Dennis to make a couple more panels. Ha!

Blessings for a great weekend.
Mary

Flip Flop Floozie said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your kind words for me..I needed them right now and I think you need some right now too...We are lucky that we live so far apart because we would be crying on each other shoulders if we lived closer!!
I know that God is there and I have to keep that HOPE that He will see us through this very bad time in our lives...Sandy

Rowann said...

I think the fence corner would be GREAT.. Creating a focal point... Paint white and plant as you wish...put that cute chair and a birdhouse on a pole too ! If you put it by the mailbox it may block your view of the road making it hard to turn out safely... We want you SAFE ! I love iris , have some white german in my yard...so lovely !

valerie said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my last post.
I appreciate the prayers.

What happened to your most recent picture? I really liked it.

I'm behind on reading past posts. I need to go back and read a few of yours. My mom has a parrot so I need to read that one. He's quite the mess. I should post about him sometime.

Have a good weekend.

Love,
Val